English - deutsch
On this page I've collected some (hopefully:-) interesting links on the following Linux topics:
Official - Help/Docu/Search - Uptodate - Mail/News - Software - Tuning - Programming - People'n'Patches - Special - Quotations/Sayings - Misc
Linux became only possible because 20 years of OS research was carefully studied, analyzed, discussed and thrown away.
You have moved your mouse. Windows must be rebooted for the changes to take effect.
We are Linux of Borg. You will be mounted. Ejection is futile.
| || Help, Documentation & Search Engines|
- Linux Weekly News (articles; kernel index) - daily information and weekly summary
- "The SCO/TSG problem": Groklaw (GroktheLaw, a preliminary Groklaw replacement; background information; headlines; legal documents; timeline; news picks; "mission statement"); TuxRocks (court documents; recent); scofacts.org: overview, results, courtroom proceedings, Canopy/Yarro lawsuits; finance.yahoo.com: stock (after-hours, history), discussion (full), insider trading; Wikipedia page; an SEC complaint; 294 items vanishing; Slashdot: Caldera/SCO; Pacer (recent); reports from Dion Cornett; GNU page; Rob Enderle: keynote at SCO Forum 2004, analysis, Groklaw article (title change), "Advice"
- Kernel Traffic - weekly overview of current topics on the kernel developers' mailing list
- Kernel Trap
- Kernel Newsflash - known problems and important bug fixes for kernel versions
- Linux Gazette
- Linux Today - up-to-date articles on Linux; overview Linux 2.4; overview Linux 2.2
- Kernel Cousins - related to Kernel Traffic, but different topics (e.g. KDE)
- Linux Journal - "the premier Linux magazine"
| || Mailing Lists & Newsgroups|
- Linus Torvalds: "Technology is uninteresting if it doesn't solve the right problem." (source)
- Bill G., 1983: "Nobody will ever need more than 640 kB RAM."
Bill G., 1999: "Windows 98 requires 16 MB RAM."
Logical conclusion: "Nobody will ever need Windows 98."
- Linux is like a tent: no gates, no windows, and an Apache inside!
- Linux is user-friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
- Linux is user-friendly. It's neither ignorant-friendly nor idiot-friendly.
- Windows - Will Install Needless Data On Whole System
- We are Linux of Borg. You will be mounted. Ejection is futile.
- You have moved your mouse. Windows must be rebooted for the changes to take effect.
- Linux became only possible because 20 years of OS research was carefully studied, analyzed, discussed and thrown away.
- Linux hackers are funny people: They count the time in patchlevels.
- Debuggers are for bad programmers!
- Technology is a constant battle between manufacturers producing more idiot-proof systems and nature producing better idiots.
- Mac OS: "It simply works." - Winblows: "It simply crashes." - Linux: "It 'simply' must be configured..."
- "I heard about that new Windows XP, and I wonder what 'XP' could mean. Can you explain?" - "That's easy: eXtra Pain..." - "You seem to know lots about abbrvs. Can you tell me what 'AC/DC' means?" - "Hmm... a completely different concept."
Note: Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Page created 26 January 1999. Last changed 6 May 2018.
Copyright (C) 1999-2018 Arne Thomaßen - all rights reserved.
Home page - Imprint - Contact